Jay Leno is recovering from "serious burns" after a fire erupted in his Los Angeles car garage.
The former host of The Tonight Show was hospitalized on November 13 with burns on his face and taken to Grossman Burn Center for his injuries. "I got some serious burns from a gasoline fire," Leno said in a statement to Variety. "I am ok. Just need a week or two to get back on my feet."
Leno was scheduled to appear at The Financial Brand conference in Las Vegas Sunday, but canceled citing a "serious medical emergency" at the time. "His family was not able to provide us very many details, but there was a very serious medical emergency that is preventing Jay from traveling," read an email to conference attendees. "All we know is that he is alive, so our prayers go out to him and his family tonight."
Since departing The Tonight Show in 2014, Leno has hosted Jay Leno's Garage, which concluded its seventh season last month. He is also the host of the You Bet Your Life revival.
Jade Budowski is a freelance writer with a knack for ruining punchlines and harboring dad-aged celebrity crushes. She was previously a reporter/producer at Decider and is a member of the Television Critics Association. Follow her on Twitter: @jadebudowski.
TOPICS: Jay Leno